Before you can launch your first Ads Manager campaign you need build a segment of accounts that you want to target and create a campaign.
Create a segment
Before you can start to build your first Ads Manager campaign you need to have at least one segment that you want to target. Learn more about segments and how to create segments in Rev.Up here: https://help.lattice-engines.com/hc/en-us/articles/6498798527127-Understanding-Segments-
Create a campaign
Once you have a created a segment that you want to target with your Ads Manager campaign it’s time to create a campaign. Learn more about campaigns and how to create tcampaigns in Rev.Up here: https://help.lattice-engines.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005523693-Creating-Campaigns
Configure an Ads Manager campaign
Once the campaign is created it’s time to launch it through the Ads Manager channel. This is done on the campaign overview page. You get to the campaign overview page either by clicking "save & configure campaign settings" at the final step of the campaign creation wizard or by clicking on the campaign name on the campaigns list page.
You find the Ads Manager channel on the campaign overview page at the top under "D&B Channels". Start configuring your Ads Manager campaign by clicking the launch button for the Ads Manager.
Clicking the launch button on the campaign overview page will get you to the launch settings where you will be able to configure the campaign settings.
In the audience settings you have different options to either limit or expand the audience for the campaign.
You can limit the audience either by entering the total number of accounts that you want to launch, or by using the model rating to include or exclude one or more subsets of the segment.
There is also an option to expand the audience by including all accounts in the DUNS hierarchy that share the same domain name as the target account in the segment. This will get you better reach and is especially valuable If there is a limited number of target accounts in the segment.
- Limit accounts - Simply enter the number of accounts you want to include in the campaign audience.
- Model ratings - Use the model ratings to include or exclude accounts in the campaign audience
- Audience expansion - Expand the audience by including all accounts in the DUNS hierarchy that share the same domain name as the target account in the segment. Please note that all account-level performance data (impressions, clicks, spend etc.) will be attributed to the target account that is in the segment.
Budget & Schedule
You can run a campaign with either a daily budget or a lifetime budget.
- Daily budget - If you decide to run with a daily budget the campaign can be set to run continuously or with an end date. Each day the campaign is run, Ads manager will ensure to not go over the daily budget amount.
- Lifetime budget - If you run with a lifetime budget, you must set an end date. Ads manager will spread the budget amount over the duration based on start & end date to ensure the total amount spent does not go over the budget amount.
Campaigns that are set to run continuously will not expire until you set an end date and that end date has passed.
Campaigns can be turned on and off during their lifetime. This is done on the campaign overview page once the campaign has been launched. A campaign that has expired can’t be turned on again.
Bidding & Optimization
There are different bidding and optimization options to choose from. You can use our automated bidding & optimization model or set a target spend and let us optimize the campaign towards the CPM that you set.
- Automated bidding & Optimization - Get the most results possible with your full budget by letting our platform use your campaign data to automatically adjust bids and optimize campaign performance.
- Target spend - Get the most results possible while staying near your target spend goal by maintaining an average spend per 1000 impressions (CPM).
Frequency and Recency setting
You can use frequency and recency capping to fine tune how many times (frequency) and how often (recency) your ads are shown to the target customers. This is a tool to ensure target customers do not become over saturated with seeing the same ad multiple times in a day.
Example: You can configure that you want to show an ad 10 times in a day but only 1 per hour for a given customer. Ads Manager will ensure that within the given hour the same ad is not shown to the customer.
Brand safety targeting
Upload lists of publisher web URLS to either block or allow the the ads to be shown on those publisher websites.
- If you have a list of publishers that you specifically want to exclude to ensure your ads do not show in places that are not compliant with your brand messaging, you can add such publisher list as a Block list for your ad campaign. Note: Even if you are not applying a block list explicitly, Ads manager by default applies a block list to ensure brand safety.
- If you have a list of publishers where you specifically want your ads to be placed i.e. list of publishers where you have seen most engagement in the past, you can add such publisher list as an Allow list for your ad campaign. Note: Please note that applying an allow list can limit the performance.
Inventory and Schedule Targeting
Using Inventory type select App & Web, App only or Web only types of inventories.
Using Device type select Desktop, Tablets, Mobile and CTV inventories.
Using day part setting you can control the scheduling of the ads by day of the week and time of the day in order to optimize performance. This will ensure that ads are shown only when you anticipate your target audience will be online to see the ads and receive maximum returns on your ad spend.
Add a click URL and upload your creatives. Please make sure that your creatives are following the ad specifications that can be found here.
- Add click URL - Insert a valid click URL that starts with http:// or https://
- Upload creatives - Upload creatives by clicking the upload button and browse for your creatives, then choose the files you want to upload
- The creatives go through audit process and you will be able view the status of the audit status of the creatives.
- Once the audit is completed the video creatives, images and rich text are available for preview.
3rd party ad tags in bulk
Note: Currently we only support display ad creatives using the ad tags. Ads Manager does not do the creative tracking or external reporting for the ad tags. However ad campaign level reporting of impressions, clicks, and account engagement are available for ad using the ad tags.
The forecasted results panel to the right on the launch settings page can be used to get estimates on spend, impressions, and reach. By using these estimates you can adjust the audience size and the budget & schedule to help you build well-performing campaigns right from the start.
The forecasted results are primarily based on your audience and budget & schedule settings and should only be viewed as directional estimates and do not guarantee performance.