At the end of 2021 we released a new way of importing data to new customers. This article includes some important notes for implementing a new customer using this feature.
What are the new features and capabilities?
- Customers now have the ability to self serve import your data into Rev.Up within one day
- Users will be able to on their own create a connection to a system, map their own fields and set a schedule for when and how often data should be imported.
- Supported systems will be: Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua, AWS S3
- Customers will no longer need to reach out to support to be able to add additional fields for the automated connectors of Salesforce, Eloqua, Marketo
- Customers will now be able to control the schedule of how often and when data is imported without having to work with our support team
- Will be able to take advantage of the new way of segmenting on time series activity data
- Self serve import of any times series activity data is not yet supported. This includes marketing activity, sales activity, opportunity and web visit data. While this is not self service, we do support importing this data using AWS S3.
- We are not planning on supporting the creation of custom metrics as we are planning on creating a new way if querying time series data.
- Performance reporting metrics are not currently supported.
Self serve importing of time series data is not yet supported. What is the process for configuring time series event data for customers?
Because importing time series event data is not supported in the UI, customers who want to import this data must work with support. The steps and frequently asked questions are listed below.
Submit a request with support to configure marketing activity and opportunities
To submit a request to import Marketing Activities and Opportunities from either Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua or through a custom connection follow the below steps:
Pre-Requisites: If you have not completed these steps your request will not be completed.
1. You must have already configured:
- An account data source to use to join to opportunities.
- A contact or lead data source to use to join to marketing activity. You may also configure an account source, but it is not required.
2. You must have configured the unique id of the account, contact or lead data source to be the one that you want to join your opportunity or marketing activity data source too.
Information to provide to support: If you do not provide this information your request cannot be completed.
- Use the macro = Special Process - Import Opportunities, Marketing Activity (EIF)
- What event data sources would you like created?
- Examples of types of time series event data.
- Marketing Activity
- Examples of types of time series event data.
- The time series data source must have a relationship with an account, contact or lead data source. Please provide the following:
- Name of Connection: Example: Salesforce
- Name of Data Source the event data should join too: Example: Salesforce Accounts
- Provide the name of the column from the time series event data that should be used to join it to the Account, Contact or Lead data source.
- ID Column Name: Example: AccountId, ContactId
Submit a request with support to configure intent and web visit data
To submit a request to import web visit and intent data using the new automated import, please follow the below steps:
If you do not provide this information your request cannot be completed.
- Use the macro = Special Process - Import Intent, Web Visit Data (EIF)
- What event data sources would you like created? Options are Intent, Visitor Intelligence or both
- Please provide the tenant name
- Please provide the CID for the Visitor Intelligence pixel.
After support has completed your request
After you have submitted your request, support will review and create the data sources you have requested.
Once your request has been completed, you will a custom connection data source for each of the types of time series event data your request. For example, if you request Marketing Activity, Opportunities and Web Visits you will see 3 sources that represent each of these.
Below is an example of a customer who requested opportunities and web visits.
How do I configure my event data attributes to use in segmentation?
You can configure your event data attributes to use in segmentation by uploading a configuration file to AWS S3.
Why do I need to use AWS S3 to upload my configuration file?
Because we are working on new way of segmenting time series data, that will be more flexible, there are are no plans to rebuild the old experience. Eventually, the old experience of uploading a configuration file will be sunset and customers will only use the new way.