This article covers data sync settings when using a data import connection. Currently supported data import connections are.
What are data sync settings?
Data sync settings determine when and how often your data is updated within Rev.Up.
How can I update my data sync settings?
- If you are using the legacy data import experience, you will need to open a support ticket with the following information.
- What day of the week or month would you like data be updated.
- What connections do you want this to be applied to? For example, if you are using Salesforce and Marketo, do you want both to have the same schedule?
- If you are using the new automated connector: You can update the schedule on your own at any time within the individual Connection settings.
What settings are available for me to configure?
Whether you are using the old data import experience or the new one, you are able to configure the following.
- How much of your historical data you want to import the first time you load data.
- What day of the week or month your data is updated.
How do you determine which records will be updated?
For all connectors except custom connections, we use the last modified date of the record to determine which records should be updated.
As an example, if my data sync schedule is set up to be weekly on Tuesday, only records that have been modified within the last week will be updated in Rev.Up. Records that have been created within the last week will be imported and a new record will be created.