The Settings options of the dashboard provide access to a number of components of the platform that are used to support and manage personalization.
To access all platform settings, click “Settings” in the top right of the dashboard to initiate the dropdown menu.
From here, you will see all of the setting available for use (these will be described below):
Actions are ways to track specific user behaviors on the site. Actions get assigned to Goals (described in more detail below) and help provide more detailed performance reporting.
To create a new action, select the “+ NEW ACTION” button from the top right of the Actions Dashboard. This will open a new action creation template.
- Action Name: Give your action a name
- Event/Action: Choose the action type that you’d like to track. Options include:
- Pageviews: tracks impressions on identified pages
- Clicks: tracks clicks on identified page elements
- Form submission: tracks submission of specific forms identified by their form id
- Google Analytics Universal - Destination: If the Google Analytics Universal connection has been enabled, this will allow you to select any destination goal that you’ve established in GA
- Page URL: Provide the page(s) where the action will occur
When you’ve completed the action creation template, click “Create Action” to save it.
Note: you will need to assign your action to a goal before it can provide data in the analytics dashboard.
The Activity log provides details on all activity that has happened in the platform.
Activity is shown and can be sorted by:
- User: The user who made the change
- Action: Created, Updated, or Deleted
- Type: The component of the platform that was modified
- Name: The component name that was modified
- Updated: The date/time of activity
In the top right, there are also options to search the activity log or to filter the activities shown. Activity can be filtered by date as well as by user name.
Assets are the image files that are used in content pieces. The asset library, accessed from the Settings dropdown, is where all of these images are stored.
Within the content templates, any uploaded image will be added to the asset library and any existing image will be pulled from the asset library.
The asset library will display all images in card view - this can be changed to list view in the top right. Additionally, assets can be filtered and searched.
As shown below, hovering over an asset will provide options related to that asset. You will be able to edit, delete, copy the url, or preview the asset directly.
Goals are used in the platform to track visitor conversions on key actions.
To create a new goal, click “CREATE GOAL” and select “FORM BUILDER” from the dropdown in the top right.
- Goal Enabled: Enable your goal so it will track.
- Name: Give your goal a name
- Action Type:
- If there are any actions in your action library that have not been assigned to goals, you will have the option to select an “Existing” action. Simply choose the action you’d like to associate with your goal and click “Create Goal” to begin tracking
- If you select “New” as the action type OR if you don’t have any unassigned goals in your action library, then you can proceed with your form by building out a new action (as described in the Actions section above)
The Organizations screen is where all website accounts and users are managed.
Most companies will only have one website listed under their organization, but if your company has multiple accounts or has purchased website personalization for multiple websites, you may see additional websites listed.
Within this organization screen, you can manage website settings by clicking on the ellipsis in the bottom right of any listed website.
Note: it is very rare to need to change website settings. For the most part, this screen is untouched.
Clicking on the Users option from the left-side navigation will open the user management screen. From here, you can control which users have access to which websites. You can also add new users and deactivate existing users.