This tag captures visitor data to be used in targeting and facilitates the personalization of content on the page. For best results, you should implement it as a basic script element that loads the personalization file synchronously, though it may be included via a tag manager as well.
This will open a window with your website's tag. Copy the tag for placement.
Once you have the tag, these are the most common ways to apply it to your website:
- Directly apply the Rev.Up Web Personalization tag to a website
- Apply the Rev.Up Web Personalization tag via Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Apply the Rev.Up Web Personalization tag via Tealium
Directly apply the Rev.Up Web Personalization tag to a website
We recommend that you add the code to a list of global header includes for each site (this general concept is implemented in various ways across different content management systems and website frameworks — see your platform's documentation for more information).
Once the Tag is included on all of your pages, you and your marketing team will be ready to start personalizing content for visitors based on site behavior.
Note: If you use a staging environment, you can simply include the same tag in that environment.
Apply the Rev.Up Web Personalization tag via Google Tag Manager (GTM)
Within Google Tag Manager, select “Tags” from the left hand navigation and then click “New” in the top right corner.
In the new tag interface, name your new tag “Rev.Up Web Embed Code”.
In the Tag Configuration, choose “Custom HTML” as your tag type and add the embed code copied from the Rev.Up Web Personalization tool.
In the Triggering section, select “All Pages” and “Page View” as your trigger type. (Note: you may need to create this as a new trigger type if it doesn’t already exist in your Google Tag Manager account)
Apply the Rev.Up Web Personalization tag via Tealium
Adding Rev.Up’s web embed code to Tealium allows you to easily add the Rev.Up Web Personalization script to all pages on your website. We recommend that you load the script synchronously through Tealium.
Log in to Tealium and complete the following steps:
Edit Your Template
- Navigate to the drop down in the top right navigation where your name is displayed.
- Select Manage Templates from the drop down.
Identify the uTag Sync Profile
- In the Edit Your Existing Template drop-down, select uTag Sync (Profile) UID:sync.
- After selecting, a code box will appear. You will see all codes that are added to your page here.
- Navigate to the end of the code that is currently in your Tealium code box and paste the Rev.Up Web Personalization embed code here.
Save and Publish
Now that you have added your Rev.Up Web Personalization embed code, you can Save & Publish the changes to your live environment.