As part of the May release, a lightweight Salesforce connector was made available for customers to test out in Beta.
This feature is currently in open beta. You can sign up to participate in this beta, by filling out our form.
What are the new features and capabilities?
We created the lightweight Salesforce connector as an answer to the demand for customers to be able to have an easier way to send prospects directly to sellers right where they work in Salesforce.
New features and capabilities include:
- Can create new records in Salesforce that only exist in Rev.Up
- Can update existing records with enrichments from D&B such as firmographics, website profile and other of your first party data that may be in CDP, but not in Salesforce
- Can add records to Salesforce campaigns
If you are an existing Buyer Insights customer or considering using our Buyer Insights connector for Salesforce, you can review the key capability differences below.
|Product Capability/Feature||Buyer Insights||Salesforce Lightweight Connector|
|Requires install of managed package||Y||N|
|Requires integration users||Y||Y|
|Can create net new records (accounts, contacts, leads)||N||Y|
|Can write enrichments to existing records||Y (accounts only)||Y (accounts, contacts, leads)|
|Includes Recommendations, Talking Points, Company Profile, Spend Analytics and A360||Y||N|
|Integrates with Salesforce Campaigns||Y||Y|
Can I use both the lightweight Salesforce connector and the Buyer Insights application together?
Although there is no formal integration between the two applications, Buyer Insights and the Lightweight Salesforce connector can be used together.
What should I consider when thinking about using both Buyer Insights and the Lightweight Salesforce connector?
You should consider what it is you want to achieve with your campaigns.
Use Cases for Buyer Insights:
- Accounts exist in both Salesforce and Rev.Up
- You can create rich talking points for sellers
- You want to provide spend analytics and account 360 insights to sellers
Use Cases for the Lightweight Salesforce Connector:
- You do not want to provide a rich experience or do not have large amount of data about the account to create rich talking points
- The accounts only exist in Rev.Up and you want a fast, easy way to create them in Salesforce
- You want to drive a prospecting motion with your sellers that requires you to send them a specific contact associated with an account as a contact or lead
What customers will be eligible to use this feature?
Any customers who has purchase the Rev.Up ABX, Rev.Up for Sales Advanced or has a legacy Rev.Up package is eligible to use this feature. The ideal customer for testing this feature, is a customer who has found difficulty integrating the legacy connector, Buyer Insights, into their sales workflow and is looking for an alternative option.
What resources are available for me to learn more about this new feature?
Please review our product documentation pages related to this connector.
Step 1: Create a Salesforce Activation User
Step 2: [BETA] Create a Salesforce Activation Connection
Step 3: [BETA] Configure a schedule for sending records to Salesforce
What are the next steps I need to take to participate in the beta?
- Fill our our form.
- Work with your customer success manager to get this feature enabled in your tenant.
Please sign in to leave a comment.