Some activation connectors require an ID to be mapped in order to properly integrate with the activation connector.
If you are using the legacy data import experience.
If you are using the legacy data import experience, follow the below steps to map an field to be used by an activation connector. If you do not take these steps you will not be able to send records from Rev. Up to the end platform.
Step1: Prepare a file that has at a minimum one column. You can include other columns that you want to map to Rev.Up as well.
|Optional: Other 3rd Party Ids||
- A 3rd party ID is an ID field that is used to connect to an activation channel.
- For example, the Salesforce connector requires that you map the 18-digit Salesforce Account, Contact and Lead Id to update records and check for duplicates within Salesforce prior to creating new records.
- Each activation connector has different requirements for an ID. Check the requirements for the activation connector before preparing your file.
Step 2: If you have already created a template, click on Edit Template.
If you are mapping fields to the template for the first time, click on create template.
Step 3: Click on Add new 3rd-party ID.
- Give the External System a Name: Examples are DNB Salesforce, DNB Outreach
- Indicate the External System Type: Options are CRM, MAP or Other.
- Choose the Fields in the uploaded file: Choose the field in the file that will be used to connect to the activation platform.
You can map more than one 3rd-party ID at a time and a single connector can use more than one 3rd-party ID.
Step 4: Complete the Create Template or Edit Mapping wizard.
Step 5: Confirm that historical records have a value for the 3rd-party Id.
You may need to go back and update historical data to have a value for a 3rd-paty ID. This can be done by manually loading a file to update all records or working with support to kick off historical update of your data.
If you are using the new automated data import experience.
Configuring an ID to be used by an activation connector
Step 1: Add the field to the CDP Attributes as a field with the "ID" data type.
Step 2: Indicate that the field should be used by an activation connector