Create a Salesforce lightweight activation connection, enter your user credentials, and indicate how the Salesforce connector should integrate with your Salesforce.
Step 1: Create a connection to Salesforce by clicking "Add a Connection" on the Enterprise Activation Connections page.
Step 2: Enter your Salesforce integration user credentials in the pop-up login screen.
Step 3: Wrap up your settings
- Give your Connection a name.
- Important Note: For the next step, your Account, Contact, or Lead Id's must be configured as an "ID" data type during the data import process and the attribute must be checked for use to send records from your CDP to another system in the attribute settings (as shown below).
3. Map the Salesforce 18-digit AccountId, ContactId and Leadid in the Setting section.
Step 4: Map fields from the CDP to fields in Salesforce.
Using the connector you are able to create or update account, contact and lead records in your Salesforce.
- You will see Field Mappings screen with a section for Accounts, Contacts and Leads. For each entity, you will be able to map fields in the CDP to fields in Salesforce. When you map fields from the CDP to a field in Salesforce, the field value in CDP will be written to the field in Salesforce.
- For each entity, you can map and write different fields to Salesforce from the CDP based on whether you are updated or creating records in Salesforce. This is a way to prevent the CDP from writing over information in Salesforce, if Salesforce is your source of truth.
- You can use the dropdown on the left side to choose the field from the CDP that you want to map to a Salesforce field. You can use the dropdown on the right to choose the field from Salesforce that should store the information from the CDP field.
- Important Note: It is strongly recommended that you map the D&B Matching fields needed for Identity Resolution for newly created records in your salesforce instance. These same fields should be mapped for your Salesforce Import Connection to prevent duplication of your account, contact, and lead records.
- The fields available for mapping from the CDP are determined by the attribute group that you have selected. For information on attribute groups, please read this article.
- For CDP attributes you would like to map (such as D&B Buyer Intent or Account Fit Model Ratings), the field must already have been created in your Salesforce instance and must be of the matching data type (ex: text, number, boolean). Mapping to formula fields is not supported.
Account Field Mappings:
Contact Field Mapping:
Lead Field Mappings: