Rev.Up connects to your Salesforce instance through a connected app and Salesforce user. You will need to create a Salesforce connection, enter your user information and indicate how the Salesforce connector should integrate with your Salesforce.
Step 1: Create a connection to Salesforce by entering your integration user credentials.
Step 2: Wrap up your settings
- Give your Connection a name.
- Complete the Settings section by:
- Mapping the Salesforce 18-digit AccountId, ContactId and Leadid in the Setting section.
If you are using legacy data import please see this article on mapping Other Ids.
If you are using the new self serve import, please see this article on mapping Other Ids.
Step 3: Map fields from the CDP to fields in Salesforce.
Using the connector you are able to create or update account, contact and lead records in your Salesforce.
- You will see Field Mappings screen with a section for Accounts, Contacts and Leads. For each entity, you will be able to map fields in the CDP to fields in Salesforce. When you map fields from the CDP to a field in Salesforce, the field value in CDP will be written to the field in Salesforce.
- For each entity, you can map and write different fields to Salesforce from the CDP based on whether you are updated or creating records in Salesforce. This is a way to prevent the CDP from writing over information in Salesforce if Salesforce is your source of truth.
- You can use the dropdown on the left side to choose the field from the CDP that you want to a Salesforce field. You can use the dropdown on the right to choose the field from Salesforce that should store the information from the field in CDP.
- The fields available for mapping from the CDP are determined by the attribute group that you have selected. For information on attribute groups, please read this article.