Successful marketing at scale often requires repetition. And repetition should be made easy! If you find yourself selecting the same attributes over and over again to start new segments, Rev.Up ABX now supports using segments as attributes. Define your segment criteria once, use it over and over again in other segments!
Sub-dividing a Total Addressable Market:
Do you have a broad market for your products or services that you frequently must subdivide? Define the criteria for that market once and save the "total addressable market" as a segment. Then, quickly build sub segments by using that original segment as your starting point, and layering on location, intent or business size criteria.
Building mutually exclusive segments:
Do you have sets of account or contact targets that should never overlap? Maybe some of your more specific intent signals are captured in a broader intent signal? You can now guarantee that targets for one segment never show up in another segment. Ensure that the highest intent buyers see the most relevant ads, or that sellers do not see certain targets for follow-up if they belong to other segments. Define your most granular or highest priority segment, and then exclude from future segments you build.
Excluding non-marketable targets:
Do you have a lengthy set of reasons that an account or contact is not marketable? This might look like adding the same attributes to every segment to ensure the right records are excluded. Define that segment once and then exclude the "not marketable" segment from every future segment you build.
Navigate to the query builder, select "Add segment":
Find the existing segment to include or exclude in your new segment:
View the results of setting the segment to be an "inclusive" intersection. An "inclusive" intersection will make the starting point for your new segment equal to the accounts and contacts in the selected segment:
If you want to use different logic, you can choose to make the segment exclusive, or apply the restrictions to contacts:
Notice that if we switch to "exclude" the segment we've selected, we see all the accounts that exist outside the segment:
- Up to two segments can be used as attributes
- A segment with segments included as attributes cannot be used as an attribute
- Segments can be used to intersect another query only
- Intersections can be used as "inclusive" intersections - requiring that the new segment cannot contain records that do not belong in the selected segment
- Intersections can be used as "exclusive' intersections - preventing any records in the selected segment from being members of the new segment
- Segment membership must be calculated by the system before a new segment query can be completed. If you choose a recently saved segment to be an attribute in another segment, the system will not return a query result immediately.
- Currently, this refresh occurs with each P&A action.
- See an example below:
- More than two segments can be used
- Segments can be used in "union" - broaden the reach of your segment by adding other segments
- Faster refresh of segment membership
Please sign in to leave a comment.