As of Jan 2023 customer parameters, D&B VI are not a mandatory requirements to get the RevUp campaign performance reports. If you are using customer parameters un your RevUp campaigns, please get touch with your customer success representative to learn about updated RevUp reporting. You can also read about it here.
If you are running an ad campaign using LinkedIn, Google or Facebook you will need to configure the following for us to report on campaigns running in these platforms within the CDP.
Provide credentials to your platforms
- This allows us to bring in ad level performance data and campaign level data that we will use to calculate performance metrics. For details on performance metrics calculated please read our help article. You can also read about what data we pull from each platform here.
Add custom parameters to the URLs of your ads
- This allows us to link a campaign sent from RevUp to the campaign in the end platform.
Add the D&B Visitor Intelligence pixel to your webpages
- This allows us to identify which accounts had impressions and clicks from your ads.
- When visitor intelligence de-anonymizes a visitor, we will use the custom parameter information in the page url to link the de-anonymized visitor to your campaigns.
- Accounts that have be de-anonymized and where custom parameter information is included in the url will be attributed to campaigns you launched from the CDP.
Provide the following credentials to your customer success manager so that we can automatically bring in performance data from your Social Platform into the CDP.
Username: Email or Phone
Google Email and Password
Username: Email or Phone
For details on data we bring in from each platform, please read our help article.
Add custom parameters to the URL of your ads.
We require 3 pieces of information to beadded to the URL so that we can create the metrics in the performance reports. Required information is:
- dnbId: This is the unique id of the campaign in the CDP.
- assetId: This is the unique id of the ad in the platform.
- In LinkedIn this is called a creative id.
- In Google and Facebook this is called an ad id.
- accountId: This is the unique id of the social platform account.
There are several ways that adding custom parameters can be achieved within each platform. We have some suggestions for each respective platform here.
Add the D&B Visitor Intelligence pixel
A deanonymization tag with custom parameters must be installed on the website. This is used to track visits to pages from ad clicks.
Sample D&B Visitor Intelligence Tag:
<imgsrc="//ataxxxx.d41.co/sync/img?req=ata1029cust=xxx&p1=123&p2=345&p3=123&p4=581531&p5=23543&p6=&p7=&p8=&p9=&p10=" width="1" height="1" border="0">
The pixel must be installed on any domain that potential customers will be redirected to when they click on your ad. For example, if your add will take users to acmecontact.com, the pixel must also be installed on this page.
You can use this link to verify that the pixel is installed and firing successfully on your website.