Rev.Up ABX now supports custom user roles. If you'd like to have a role created for your CDP, you can work with your customer success manager on defining and requesting the role. Currently, these roles are created by our support team, but are available for use in the standard user creation/management interface. Use the attached Macro-Enabled Excel Worksheet to easily configure these roles!
You will need to:
- Provide a unique name for the role
- Identify which interfaces you want to control for this role
- Interfaces you do not specify will function as if no change is applied
- If you want an interface blocked for a specific role, you can specify that EFFECT = Deny
- If you want an interface enabled for a specific role and apply an action to that interface, you can specify EFFECT = Allow
- Identify the ACTION you want users with this role to have for each interface
- View -> users can see the option for this interface, and view it. I.e. a user with "View" for Segments can see the segments menu option in the navigation, and load the segments page.
- Drill -> users can click into objects on this interface and see more details. I.e. this user can click into the segments they see on the segments page.
- Edit -> users can edit the objects in this interface. i.e. this user can click into a segment and change the query and save the query.
- Create -> users can create new objects on the corresponding interface. i.e. this user can create a new segment.
- Identify the TAG you need applied for specific interfaces
- The most granular level of control available is tags - for certain interfaces where many options could be available, you can think of these as a multi-picklist of what each user role can use.
- For example, I may want a user role to help manage Marketo email campaigns only, but I have Salesforce and Ads campaigns as well. In this case, you would assign the Marketo tag for this users' role.
Here's an example:
Role Name: Campaign Manager
My Data: EFFECT = Deny
Segments: EFFECT = Allow; ACTION = Edit
Models: EFFECT = DENY
Campaigns: EFFECT = Allow; ACTION = Create; Tags = Marketo
Connections: EFFECT = DENY
Reporting: EFFECT = DENY
See the below table for all possible options for configuration.
|Attribute Tab||User can see/not see Attribute tab||View|
|Import Data||User can see/not see Import Data||View|
|Attribute Admin||User can see/not see Attribute Admin||View|
|Configure Attributes||User can see/not see Configure Attributes||View|
|Configure Calendar||User can see/not see Configure Calendar||View|
|Delete Data||User can see/not see Delete Data||View|
User can click into import template
User can edit status, priority, template, do import, reset template
User can view the segment menu option, load segment page
User can click into segments
User can edit segment criteria/name
User can create/delete segments
User can view the model menu option, load model page
User can click into models
User can edit model criteria/name, remodel
User can create/delete models
User can create/not create specific types of models
User can view the campaigns menu option, load campaign page
User can click into campaigns/campaign groups/channels
User can edit campaign criteria/settings/name
User can create/delete campaigns
|Launch Settings||User can view/not view specific channel launch options||Tags|
|Connections||User can view/not view connections menu option, load connections page||View|
|Jobs||User can view/not view jobs menu option, load jobs page||View|
|Jobs Tabs||User can view/not view specific jobs tabs||Tabs|
|Reporting||User can view/not view reporting menu option, load reporting page||View|
|Manage Users||User can view/not view manage users link, load manage users page||View|
|Manage Teams||User can view/not view manage teams link, load manage teams page||View|
|SSO Settings||User can view/not view manage SSO settings link, load SSO settings page||View|