All D&B Rev.Up ABX customers have access to both the CDP and the Explore Module. You can now send audiences and segments between the two to expand the scope of your campaigns or conduct additional segmentation. Here are a few use cases for this functionality:
- You want to find net new contacts in your current Total Addressable Market (TAM), based on title, job function or other contact data
- Your TAM has been exhausted and you need to find more companies and/or contacts that have similar firmographic criteria to your existing TAM
- You want to expand your sales or marketing campaigns to audiences you haven't considered before (a new vertical or region)
- You need additional reporting on the profile of your CDP data
Sending Segments to the Explore Module
Step 1 - Identify a segment for use:
- Either use an existing segment or create a new segment for analysis and TAM expansion in the Explore Module.
- If you need to create a segment, please review the article on segment creation here.
Step 2 - Create a campaign:
- Once you have a segment you want to use, you will need to create a campaign of the segment. Instructions on creating a campaign are here.
- Alternatively, you can use an existing campaign and launch to the explore module.
Step 3 - Schedule a launch to the Explore Module
- Select the campaign:
- Click "launch" for the explore module:
- Specify what kind of records you want to send (accounts or contacts), how many records you want to send from the segment, and how often they should be sent. Then, either launch later (save the settings), or save and launch now. If you specify a future date to launch, saving the configuration will have the campaign launch on that next date.
- If you choose to send accounts, you will only see corresponding account data as companies in the Explore Module
- If you choose to send contacts, you will see both the contact, and the underlying company data in the Explore Module
Launching to the Explore Module will take 3-6 hours for all data to become available, depending on the size of the underlying segment.
Adding new companies and contacts to the CDP
To understand how to use the Explore Module, or send new accounts and contacts back to the CDP, the article here provides those instructions.
Your CDP will come with Explore Module enabled by default, and the import of data sent from the Explore Module is automated. So once you have the segment and data identified in the Explore Module, and click send, the system will handle all import and processing.