Salesforce has a critical update rolling out to all Salesforce customers on 8/9/2020.
This update will be automatically applied to all Salesforce instances on 8/9/2020, but you may have choose to update it before that.
Impact of this update on BIS
After this Salesforce update is applied and If you are using BIS version 4.29.0 or below, the BIS application will not have adequate permissions and will stop working.
There are two ways to resolve this issue
- Update to a version of BIS older than 4.29.0 . This version of BIS will automatically request and apply the permissions. Get the links to the latest BIS package here.
- You can follow the instructions (below) in this document to resolve without updating the BIS package.
Steps to follow
You need Salesforce admin privileges to perform the following actions.
- Create a permission set. Learn more on creating permission sets in Salesforce
- Once the permission set is created, click on/navigate to "Apex Class Access"
- Click edit and enable the following Apex classes and save
|Permissions to Enable|
- Assign this permission set to users who are assigned with Lattice Permission sets.