Intent data is a powerful asset that unmasks the companies that are engaging with relevant offsite content and are in-market to purchase now, enabling you to get in front of the right prospects at the right time.
There are clear benefits to leveraging Dun & Bradstreet's Intent Data for account prioritization:
- Our Intent models are based on the key phrases from your adwords campaigns and are directly aligned to your business objectives - no more selecting and suppressing general topics
- Intent signals are identified and tracked across all entities in a corporate family tree and are analyzed at the buying center level
- All deanonymized web traffic is matched back to its respective D-U-N-S Number at the site level, giving you insights into when multiple entities in the same family tree are showing intent to purchase
- We use patented NLP and deep learning analysis to screen out false positive signals that other intent providers could inaccurately surface
- Our Intent models combs through billions of digital events each week and serve them up in-product automatically for simple, always-on activation
Using Intent Signals in Audience Segments and Campaigns
To use the most current Intent audience, click into the D&B Intent category and choose an attribute with "Has Intent" in the name. These attributes will give you the current audience and are automatically updated, so they remain fresh when leveraged in your campaigns.
If you are using a large list of target accounts and require less frequent updates, you can add a time-frame to your selection to bring in additional recent signals.
Supported time-frames include:
- Last 1 day
- Last 1 week
- Last 2 weeks
- Last 4 weeks
- Last 8 weeks
- Last 12 weeks
Using Intent Signals in Engagement Models
Intent signals are often used as indicators for upper-funnel journey stage recognition. When building a Rules-Based Model to track your engagement journey stages, choose the time-window that aligns to the duration over which you want to campaign to that stage.
For example, if you want to continue campaigning to companies that showed interest in your product for a month, use "Has Intent" OR "Last 4 weeks" by clicking on both values and choosing the correct operator in the Query Builder tab.
Prioritize Accounts by their Buying Stage
Buying Stage is an intent attribute that was introduced in the September 2020 release that allows you to prioritize your accounts based on the content that they engaged with. Accounts that have engaged predominantly with offsite content related to low-funnel activities will be classified as "Buying", while accounts that engage with content associated with mid funnel activities will be classified as "Researching".
Buying Stage is only appended to the accounts from the most recent week of intent data and is refreshed each week as accounts may shift in and out of Researching, Buying, or displaying intent altogether.
Adding Additional Intent Audiences
You can use as many as 10 different Intent audiences, each for your specific GTM areas. If you need to add to your set of audiences, your D&B contact can help you get started building out your model portfolio.