Intent data is a powerful asset that unmasks the companies that are engaging with relevant offsite content and are in-market to purchase now, enabling you to get in front of the right prospects at the right time.
There are clear benefits to leveraging Dun & Bradstreet's Buyer Intent Data for account prioritization:
- Our Intent models are based on the key phrases from your adwords campaigns and are directly aligned to your business objectives - no more selecting and suppressing general topics
- Intent signals are identified and tracked across all entities in a corporate family tree and are analyzed at the buying center level
- All deanonymized web traffic is matched back to its respective D-U-N-S Number at the site level, giving you insights into when multiple entities in the same family tree are showing intent to purchase
- We use patented NLP and deep learning analysis to screen out false positive signals that other intent providers could inaccurately surface
- Our Intent models combs through billions of digital events each day and serve them up in-product automatically for simple, always-on activation
Using Intent Signals in Audience Segments
In the new segmentation experience, you are able to use D&B Buyer Intent attributes as an activity query. This allows you to create a segment using the flexibility of the activity query.
Here is an example of a segment identifying all accounts showing intent for the "ABX Cloud" model in the last 14 days:
Attributes available in the activity query:
- Buying Indicator (formerly known as the Buying Stage) - contains either a "Buying" or "Researching" value based on the content accounts engaged with. If the content is related to intent to purchase, it will be classified as "Buying", while accounts that engage with content associated with information gathering will be classified as "Researching".
- Buying Score - numeric values between 0 - 1 that represent the type of content the account was engaging with. Values below 0.5 indicate "Researching" buying indicator, while values 0.5 and greater represent "Buying" activity.
- Date - the date on which the D&B Buyer Intent signal was captured.
- DUNS - The DUNS number of the account associated with the intent.
- Intent Score - numeric values between 0.8 - 1. D&B Buyer Intent signals are only attributed to accounts that score 0.8 or higher during the model creation process.
- Model Name - The name of the D&B Buyer Intent model created using the keywords provided.
- Talking Point - the top keyword (from the keyword file used to create the model) that resulted in an account showing intent
Account-Level Buyer Intent Attributes
In addition to the activity attributes mentioned above, your buyer intent data will be grouped up at the account level and broken into different time intervals.
To use the most current Intent audience, click into the D&B Buyer Intent category and choose an attribute with "Has Intent" in the name. These attributes will give you the current audience and are automatically updated, so they remain fresh when leveraged in your campaigns.
If you are using a large list of target accounts and require less frequent updates, you can add a time-frame to your selection to bring in additional recent signals.
Supported time-frames include:
- Last 1 week
- Last 2 weeks
- Last 4 weeks
- Last 8 weeks
- Last 12 weeks
Using Intent Signals in Engagement Models
Intent signals are often used as indicators for upper-funnel journey stage recognition. When building a Rules-Based Model to track your engagement journey stages, choose the time-window that aligns to the duration over which you want to campaign to that stage.
For example, if you want to continue campaigning to companies that showed interest in your product for a month, use "Last 4 weeks" by clicking on both values and choosing the correct operator in the Query Builder tab.
Prioritize Accounts by their Buying Stage
Buying Stage is an intent attribute that allows you to prioritize your accounts based on the content that they engaged with. Accounts that have engaged predominantly with offsite content related to intent to purchase will be classified as "Buying", while accounts that engage with content associated with information gathering will be classified as "Researching".
Buying Stage is only appended to the accounts from the most recent day of intent data and is refreshed each week as accounts may shift in and out of Researching, Buying, or displaying intent altogether.
Adding Additional Intent Audiences
If you need to add to your set of audiences, your D&B contact can help you get started building out your model portfolio.