Questions You May Have
- What is in the D&B data cloud?
- What can I do with the D&B data cloud?
- How often is the D&B data cloud refreshed?
- Does D&B have the same attribute as other products?
- Does D&B have the same records as other products?
- How is customer data matched to the D&B data cloud?
For more information about the data cloud, check out our help center.
What is in the D&B data cloud?
What can I do with the D&B data cloud?
The D&B data cloud is designed to match your first party account data. For any record you load into the system, you can enrich and target it using the tens of thousands of signals in the D&B data cloud.
However, you cannot use the CDP to explore new accounts you do not already have in your systems. The CDP is designed to improve targeting of existing accounts. To explore white space accounts, checkout the Hoovers and DataVision products!
How often is the D&B data cloud refreshed?
We release a new data cloud every 6-8 weeks.
Firmographics and Technology Profile data is fully refreshed with each release. Online Presence, Website Keywords and Website Profile data is collected on a rolling basis from the web and included in CDP with each release. Each domain is re-collected about twice a year.
The following data is refreshed weekly and ready on Monday: Intent.
Does D&B have the same attributes as other products?
The CDP shares many attributes with other D&B products. Generally shared categories include Firmographics (some financials) attributes.
Additionally, the CDP has Technology Profile attributes. Similar data is included in the Explore Module and Hoovers products as well.
Finally, the CDP has Online Presence, Intent, Website Profile and Website Keyword attributes, which is not in other products.
Does D&B have the same records as other products?
D&B products treat account data differently depending on the use-case. As an example, we are restricted by law from providing prospect lists that include companies that have requested to be delisted from D&B for marketing. So for any use-case that involves prospecting, this data cannot be used. However, it is fine to use this data for cross-sell use-cases.
The D&B data cloud has a broad selection of accounts and does not remove most marketing delisted records. This enables our customers to cross-sell target effectively, but it also means we have account data that some products would not use. The D&B data cloud also remove sparsely populated records and suspect out-of-business records that some products may incorporate.
How is customer data matched to the D&B data cloud?
The data cloud is matched to the customer data loaded into the CDP. To do this, we have a multi-path match process with the following priorities to provide the best possible match to the D&B data cloud:
- Domain + "Trusted DUNS Number"
- "Trusted DUNS Number"
- This is the DUNS Number provided in the customer data; not the DUNS Number matched by CDP.
- Sometimes customers have DUNS Numbers that are stale or otherwise not appropriate for sales and marketing use-cases. Examples include DUNS Numbers that were appended years ago or that were matched using specific rules intended for non-sales-and-marketing use-cases.
- Domain + Location
- The country/region field is a particular focus. Since a company can use the same domain across multiple countries, we want to ensure the match chooses the best country/region.
- This is the standard D&B fuzzy match process using Company Name, City, State, Zip, Country/Region & Phone.
- The CDP has specific match quality rules and automatically discards low quality results.