Control the user used to make changes from Scoring requests
Scoring requests in LPI used the the Salesforce user to make updates to Salesforce. This was causing confusion among Sales Reps as they would updates done to accounts from the user who had triggered the scoring request.
We have now added controls to enable admins to configure the user to be used for running these jobs.
Setup a background Job to associate a user to a scoring job
- Go to “https://<yourinstance name>.my.salesforce.com/apex/LBI__OfflineTest” in the browser URL bar
- Select "Change Scoring User (to current user) - Selecting this option sets the current logged in user as the user that the background jobs uses for scoring requests.
If you are upgrading the BIS App
By default the user that upgrades the app will be automatically setup for running scoring jobs. Use the steps above if you want to change to a different user.
If you are installing BIS for the first time
The scoring job will run as the user that configures the authentication with Lattice
Verify if a background job is Active
Note: When the user sends a scoring requests to Lattice from Salesforce, if the user has not setup the background job, the BIS app automatically starts a background job.
To ensure that the scoring requests always use the preferred user, follow the job setup steps
Please DO NOT delete active jobs.
You can verify it by following these steps
- Go to Setup -> Jobs -> Scheduled Jobs to see all scheduled jobs
- You should see a job Enqueue Queueable Scoring Job – Scheduled<XXX>. If you do not see it, then the job is not active. Follow steps identified under "Setup Background job" to start the job.
Recommend Best Practice
- Setup a dedicated user for Lattice scoring
- Configure the job to run on behalf of the user setup in step 1
- If you upgrade or install the app, the job owner might be different. If so, follow the steps under setup background job to reset the user setup in Step 1
Bugs Fixed in this release
- Users installing BIS in Lightning, the sales reps would not see Lattice Recommendation setup by default. This has now been addressed.
- Launching the play multiple times was causing some Sync errors in some specific cases, this has been resolved.
- PlayIdSortable_c was used for play ID in the list view for Lattice Plays Tab. This is no longer supported. Recommend using PayID_c instead.
- Convert to Opportunity dialog with dependent picklist was not rendering correctly. This has been resolved.