The Lattice Atlas allows users to setup regular first-party data refreshes with the Import Automation feature. The user is free to manage their schedule outside the platform and Atlas will import the files whenever they are transferred to a file drop location. This feature avoids our customers having to manually import the file every time they want to refresh their data.
In order to leverage this capability, customers have to follow the below steps.
- Create the Import Template for the object (e.g. Accounts, Contacts etc.) before setting up the automation.
- Generate Automation Credentials.
- Get the folder location where users can transfer data from their systems to Atlas. Atlas will automatically ingest data from this folder
- Transfer data to the drop folder location of the object.
- Track progress through email notifications and Jobs page.
Create Import Template
It is necessary that an Import Template is created before setting up the automation. Every object has a different template. For more information on how to create a template, visit the following links and scroll to the create template sections
Generate Automation Credentials
Every Atlas tenant has a Automation Account setup that can be readily used. In order to access the information, you will have to be an Admin. No other user profile is allowed to generate or re-generate these credentials. To generate,
1. Click on "Import Data" from My Data page.
2. Click on the "Setup Automation"
3. Credentials will be generated. Lattice Atlas currently uses Amazon S3 service. Click on "Download".
4. Copy the "Automated Import location" of your object that is available on each template by clicking on the copy button.
5. Setup and test your automation outside the platform by using small data files. Each template will have a location on S3. Each object file should always be transferred to the respective location. This is because every location is tied to the Import Template created and will validate the file against it.
6. Transfer your data files to the respective folder. An action will be generated on the Data Processing Jobs page immediately.
The Customer Admins also get an email notification of the jobs progress.