July 12th, 2018
The release notes contain information about new features and bugs resolved in BIS core package. Note that this package supports two Lattice applications in Salesforce.com
- Predictive campaigns application
- Score & Enrich application
- Lattice Atlas support for Predictive Campaigns application.
- Configure scoring throughput in Score & Enrich application.
Lattice Atlas Platform Support
The Predictive Campaigns application is now available on the Lattice Atlas platform. The customers can activate audiences create in Lattice Atlas in their Salesforce.com Instance by connecting it to Lattice platform.
Configure Scoring Throughput
With 4.24 release, Score & Enrich application allows Administrators to improve the scoring job throughput by managing scoring queue
- Administrators can limit scoring queue record creation during update operation only to scoring eligible updates
- Processing more scoring queue records from the queue in one run of scoring job
- Newly added fields are not visible on Lattice Application/Region page layout (Salesforce prevents page layout updates via managed package version upgrade). Admin user needs to add following fields to Lattice Application/Regions page layout under LP Specific Settings section (as shown in below screen shot).
- Navigation: Click on "+" (All tabs) → Open Lattice Application/Regions tab → Open Application/Regions record for Score & Enrich application → Click on Edit Page Layout link from top right corner → Add following field to the layout → Click on Save button
1. Use Eager Comparison for Scoring
2. LP Scoring Maximum Page Size
3. LP Scoring Iterations Per Batch
Scoring job is now capable of fetching and processing top N records from scoring queue multiple times before it sends scoring requests. Use following parameters to configure scoring job with improved throughput,
- LP Scoring Queue Page Size defines the values of N being used while fetching top N records from scoring queue. Optimal value for this setting is 200, user can use lower or higher value depending on complexity of their Salesforce instance.
- LP Scoring Iterations Per Batch defines max number of iteration a scoring job can use to fetch top N records from scoring queue. Range for this setting is 1 - 10, set this attribute to 10 for higher efficiency. Number of iterations are not guaranteed as scoring job has a logic to stop fetching more records from the scoring queue if
- It already has enough records to send to scoring API OR
- It doesn't have enough CPU time left to complete next iteration OR
- There are no records left on scoring queue
- LP Scoring Current Page Size defines number of tuples (model - record to be scored) that can be sent to scoring API. This setting is dynamically maintained by application logic, it can be lower to 1 or raise to LP Scoring Maximum Page Size.
- LP Scoring Maximum Page Size defines max number tuples (model - record to be scored) that can be sent to scoring API. Current max for bulk scoring on Lattice platform is 200 per request.
- User can set Use Eager Comparison for Scoring flag to true to limit scoring queue record creation only to scoring eligible updates and new scores. If this flag is true then Lattice Account/Contact/Lead trigger will compare old vs new value for scoring related fields before inserting a scoring queue record. This will reduce the number of records being added to the scoring queue as it prevents unnecessary updates from entering the queue.
- "My Domain" feature should be turned on in your Salesforce instance. Please see Salesforce documentation for more info.
- The user installing the package should have “Download AppExchange Packages” privilege
Customers can upgrade to 4.24 from either 4.11.x, 4.14.x or a higher version.
Upgrading from 4.11.x
- Upgrade from 4.11.x to 4.14 using the standard upgrade procedure
- 4.14 Production install link: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t37000000Tp5g
- 4.14 Sandbox install link: https://test.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t37000000Tp5g
- Since a few objects were deprecated in 4.14, we recommend they be deleted from customer's org
- When objects are deleted from the package, Salesforce changes them from managed to unmanaged. Because the dependencies are still in place they should be deleted by following the steps below.
- Go to Setup > Create > Objects, and find the one called 'Supplemental Information (DEPRECATED)'
- Click the delete link next to it. Once deleted, you may visit the same screen and scroll to the bottom and find the link for 'Deleted Objects' - in there you'll see Supplemental Information again, this time click the Erase link and kill it for good. Confirm any dialogs you find along the way.
- Now continue the upgrade to 4.24 using standard upgrade procedure.
Upgrade from 4.14 or greater to 4.24
No additional special instructions are required for upgrading from 4.14 or greater to 4.24. Follow the standard upgrade procedure
Post upgrade configuration
- Go to Setup -> Create -> Object -> Lattice Scoring Queue
- Search for Validation rules section
- Under this section if there is a validation rule “Count By One Only”, click on “Del” link in front of the rule to delete it.
- For improved scoring logic, please use this configuration guide, (https://confluence.lattice-engines.com/display/BIS/LP%3A+Configure+Scoring+with+improved+throughput)
Know Gotchas and Bugs Resolved
Below is the list of customer facing critical bugs that were resolved during this release.
|PLS-8725||PickList dropdown not showing the actual values during Field Mapping|
VisualForce errors not showing up on the page
|COD-4539||Atlas BIS authentication error|
|COD-4553||Help text tooltip not working on the Configuration page|
|COD-4555||Field mapping on Opportunity object not set to default|
|COD-4560||Internal Server error when saving task in Lightning Sandbox|