The value of seamless, single-view first and third party data integration comes to life when you begin to get on-the-fly insights by building and saving queries. Quickly perform what-if analysis, layer engagement signals into traditional segments, then save to enable Activation workflows.
Your data must be loaded and your first Process and Analyze job completed before you begin creating Segments.
When you login, you will land on My Data. Here, you can begin to freely explore and build queries. Click on interesting cohort properties in My Data.
Touring the screen clockwise from top left:
- The number of attributes that are available for querying your database. This includes all categories - first and third party sources - and all types (Accounts, Contacts, Transactions, Ratings).
- The number of Accounts that qualify in the current query selection.
- The number of Contacts that qualify in the current query selection. Qualifying Contacts must link to a qualifying Account.
- Click Create Segment to store the current selection logic. This will save a Segment that you can name and use. The Membership of your Segment will always be up-to-date with your database.
- The number of Attributes in your database within this category (My Attributes, Firmographics, Intent, etc.). The Category card shows a few interesting attributes and values, Click More on the category to see cards for all Attributes with descriptions and value profiles.
- Clicking on an Attribute will select a cohort into the query. By clicking on several Attributes, you can select a cohort with several properties (logical AND). When you click on several values of the same Attribute, you will get a cohort with any of your values (logical OR).
- See your query and logic by toggling to Query Builder. You will fine-tune your logic and values by clicking, dragging and dropping.
Go to Query Builder to add operators and change selected Attribute values.
Drag and drop cohorts to the best place in your query. You can click “Add operator” to build out the logic structure in your query.
Click on any Attribute in the Query Builder view to change the way this Attribute cohort is defined.
Click Create Segment.
New segments will automatically have a name generated - you can rename the segment, and add a description to make future use easier. Additionally, assigning the segment to a specific team may help with organizing your CDP.
How can I create a query when I already have the logic I need?
Step 1.Click on Query Builder in My Data
Step 2.Use Add Attribute/Operator to add phrases directly into place
Step 3.You can still drag and drop any time
How many levels of operators can I use in Query Builder?
You can build up to three levels of logic in Query Builder. The screenshot shows what that looks like without any Attributes.
You can click on “attribute” anywhere it appears in the query to bring cohorts into your logic structure. Once you have a cohort in place, you can always move or change it by clicking, dragging and dropping.
How does Query Builder combine my Account and Contact logic?
Your logic always selects AccountIDs from your database that matches your Account logic. If you add Contact logic by using Contact Attributes in your query, the Segment will only include those Accounts that also have Contacts you are looking for linked in your database.
To put this simply, Account and Contact logic are always combined with a logical AND operator.