This guide outlines the process to enable access to the Lattice Buyer Insights . It is primarily intended for Salesforce administrators.
There are four Permission Sets that are installed with the Lattice Buyer Insights package.
|Permission Set||Intended Users|
|Lattice Administrator||For the users Application administrators|
|Lattice Sales Manager||For the users that need access to all page except Lattice Admin|
|Lattice Sales Representative||For the Sales Reps to see Lattice Recommendations in a VisualForce page on Accounts, Leads or Contacts|
|Lattice Super Administrator||For the users that need to perform data cleanup and other advanced configurations|
There are three methods to assign the permission sets.
Method #1: Assign to a single user
- Go to Setup → Manage Users → Users.
- Select a user.
- In the Permission Set Assignments related list, click Edit Assignments.
- To assign a permission set, select it from the Available Permission Sets box and click Add. To remove a permission set assignment, select it from the Enabled Permission Sets box and click Remove. In this case, we’ve added the Lattice Sales Manager Permission Set.
- Click Save.
Method #2: Assign to multiple users
- Go to Setup → Manage Users → Permission Sets.
- Select the Permission Set you’d like to assign to multiple users.
- Click Manage Assignments.
- Click Add Assignments.
- Select the checkbox next to the users to which you’d like to assign this Permission Set.
- Click Assign
- Review the Assignment Summary. If any users weren’t assigned, the reasons are listed in the Message column.
- Click Done.
Method #3: Assign to multiple users by profile
There is a free app available on the AppExchange to assign permission sets in bulk using profiles. Here is the link to the AppExchange listing for the app - Permissioner.
For assigning a permission set to a very large number of users, it might be more efficient to assign using profiles, roles, or other characteristics of a user.