Please refer to updated Data Import Documentation.
The D&B CDP Platform has a functionality to import your first party data from a number of systems or objects. The object can be Accounts, Contacts or Products. The functionality helps you configure different import templates from different data sources within your organization.
The data from different objects are merged together with the help of custom key fields (IDs) provided in the file during the upload. The Accounts are appended with D&B Data Cloud with the help of D&B’s matching APIs. Once the files are imported, the progress can be tracked from the Data Process and Analysis section that gives show you the list of running and completed jobs along with their Reports.
The whole process can be automated for Daily, Weekly and Monthly imports scheduled across all objects. Each object may have a slightly different configuration requirement. You may go through the import section of each object in this guide.
The Import Data functionality can be found on the My Data page. The button is highlighted in the image.
Clicking the highlighted button takes you to import templates. Capabilities that this page supports are:
- Review systems – toggle automation, review system priority, or edit specific criteria
- Add a system – add a new source of data to Lattice
- Create or edit templates for existing systems.
- Reconfigure time-series attributes.
- Manually import data from the UI for each object.
- View or download templates to validate field names or understand time series configurations
- Current data stats of your tenant on the header.