You’ll need the credentials of the Eloqua API user created in Step 1 which will require Eloqua Administrator permissions. If your Eloqua administrator will perform these steps for you, just send them a link to Eloqua Settings / API Key page.
API details can be used to access and modify data in your Eloqua instance. Make sure to keep them secure, just like you would with your Eloqua username and password.
Setup Eloqua Credentials
1. In Lattice Predictive Insights, go to Eloqua Settings in the left navigation pane.
2. On the API Key tab, click Create New.
3. Enter the credentials of the API user created in Step 1 and click Save.
Enable Models for Scoring
1. In Lattice Predictive Insights, go to Eloqua Settings on the left pane, then to the Models tab.
Only models which you have activated can score. Models can be activated from Models in the left pane.
2. Locate and click on the model you want to use for scoring your Eloqua contacts.
3. On the Select Credential, page chooses the API User from the drop-down. Click Save & Continue.
4. Using the dropdowns on the Lattice Import Field Mapping page, select the Eloqua fields in your instance that corresponds to the Model Fields that Lattice uses for scoring.
5. When the fields have all been mapped, click Save & Continue.
6. On the Lattice Export Field Mapping page, use the dropdowns to select the Lattice scoring field and date stamp field you previously created.
Lattice: Fit Rating
Lattice Last Score Date Timestamp
7. Click Save & Submit when you’re done.
If you want to use different models for different leads, just repeat this section again for each model you want to use.
1. In Lattice Predictive Insights, select the Enrichment tab from Eloqua Settings.
2. Click on the appropriate Tenant/API User.
3. On the Enrichment Field Mapping page, use the dropdowns to map the enrichment attributes to your Eloqua fields.
4. Click Save.