Import your subscriber and event data from Salesforce Marketing Cloud into Rev.Up. This data can be used to create segments based on these contacts from your marketing campaigns.
Establish your Import connection
In order to pull data from Salesforce Marketing Cloud into Rev.Up CDP into , a connection must be established between the two platforms.
Step 1: Navigate to Connections in the CDP
Find the Connections header and navigate to the Enterprise Activation Connections tab. Click Create a Connection to begin.
Select Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Step 2: Authenticate your Connection
Type in your Client ID, client secret and tenant-specific subdomain to authenticate your connection to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud instance. Then click Authenticate.
Step 3: Configure your Connection
Here you will be taken to the Connection Settings page where you will be able to:
- Name the Connection - This will be used as the connection name throughout Rev.Up.
- Set the Sync Schedule - this determines when and how often your data will be updated. Learn more about Data Sync Settings here.
- Set the System Priority - You can use priority to determine which information is kept when a record exists in multiple systems. For additional information, check out our article on priority.
- Add a Description - this can be used to reference specific details of the connection later on.
When you are finished configuring your connection settings, click Done.
Step 4: Add a Data Source
After your connection is created, you may click Load Data to add a data source.
Import contacts (subscribers) from Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Map fields for your contacts in Rev.Up. Make sure your Subscriber Key is mapped to the Subscriber Key ID field in the CDP, this will be used to join your subscribers to your marketing activity data. Learn more about how to map fields here.
Please allow at least 24 hours before your Saleforce Marketing Cloud data is imported, processed through a P&A Job, and then available for segmentation.
- The Alpha Import Connection for Salesforce Marketing Cloud may experience delays in importing event data. This data may take 48 hours or more to upload into the CDP.
- An issue has been identified regarding the default mapping of the Subscriber ID - the Subscriber Key is the ID that should be mapped to join subscribers (contacts) to their Marketing Activity event data.
- Some fields displayed on the field mapping screen do not contain a data type - these fields with no data type should not be mapped. They will not be imported as the CDP does not support their data type (array objects).
- These issues are all known and we are currently working to resolve them.