Rev.Up connects to your pardot instance through a connected app and Eloqua user. After gathering Pardot credentials here, you can configure the connector in the CDP.
Step 1: Create a Pardot connection
Go To the Connection section within Rev.Up (2) Click on Salesforce Pardot
Step 2: Configure Pardot authentication in the CDP
1. From the “Create” screen click the dropdown arrow and select “add a new account”
2. You will need to provide CDP details around the Pardot environment you are connecting. You should follow the previous steps on finding this information before proceeding.
3. Name the authentication, I.e. “MyBusinessName Pardot Production”
4. Select whether the Salesforce environment that contains your Pardot instance is a production or sandbox environment.
5. Select whether the Pardot environment is a production instance or developer/sandbox environment.
6. Add your business unit ID from the information you gathered in Pardot in the previous step.
You will then be prompted in a pop-up to create the authentication with your Salesforce/Pardot username and password. You can use this to validate you chose the right type of environment, as this will fail if you chose sandbox settings for a production environment. You will likely already see a list of authentications to choose from in Salesforce if you currently are authenticated to Salesforce.
Step 3: Indicate whether your Pardot environment is AMPSEA enabled or not:
1. You must indicate this correctly, or you will not be able to connect. See the instructions on gathering the correct Pardot information here.
Step 4: Map fields from the CDP to Pardot
1. Once your authentication is complete, you can proceed to field mapping. You will first be able to map an account ID in the CDP to your account ID in Pardot; and/or a contact ID between the CDP and Pardot. Both fields are optional, and the CDP will join on prospect email address
You can then map additional attributes between the CDP and Pardot, based on your attribute groups. At a minimum you will need to choose an attribute group with the email field in the CDP mapped to the field you use for email address in Pardot. However you can add up to 1,000 other fields in the CDP that are in the attribute group selected, provided you choose a corresponding field in Pardot.
Step 5: Save connector.
Once you've completed your mappings you can click finish to exit the wizard and begin launching campaigns.
Please sign in to leave a comment.